NCFE CACHE LEVEL 2 DIPLOMA
FOR THE EARLY YEARS PRACTITIONER
The aim of this qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and understanding of babies and young children from birth to 7 years of age with applied knowledge in the early years, 0-5 years. The qualification content meets the Department for Education’s (DfE) Level 2 full and relevant criteria for a Level 2 Early Years Practitioner in the workforce.
1. Who is it suitable for?
This qualification is ideal for learners looking to work with children between birth and 5 years, and gain knowledge of working with children up to 7 years. Learners do not need to have previous experience or qualifications in working with children to undertake this qualification
2. What are the entry requirements?
Learners must be 16 years of age and be capable of reaching the required minimum entry requirements for Maths and English.
3. Training provided
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner (370 Guided Learning Hours)
- Functional Skills Level 1 English/ Maths and ICT if applicable
- Employment Responsibilities and Rights in Health, Social Care or Children and Young People’s settings (ERR)
4. How is this qualification structured?
The Level 2 Diploma For the Early Years Practitioner is made up of units, 14 in all, each representing a small step of learning. This allows the qualification to be completed at your own pace.
5. How is it assessed?
Apprenticeship qualifications are delivered in the workplace. You will be allocated a personal Tutor who will provide you with personal tutorial support and assessment.
Assessment is through a variety of methods including observations in the workplace, witness testimonies, product evidence, professional discussions, assignments and project/case studies. All evidence will be logged to your electronic portfolio of evidence.
6. How long will it take to complete?
7. Which type of job roles can you apply for on completion?
Potential job roles for those working towards, or wishing to work towards this qualification include:
- This qualification allows a learner to count towards the Level 2 ratio as a qualified Level 2 Early Years Practitioner across the Early Years Workforce.
- Learners may work under supervision in a variety of roles such as:
- nursery practitioner
- classroom assistant
- pre-school practitioner
Apprentices who achieve this qualification may progress to the Level 3 Diploma for The Early Years Workforce (The Early Years Educator).
Need some help? Call us:
This document outlines the key information of this qualification for the Centre, learner and employer.