Apprentice Childcare Practitioner – Pudsey
All Stars Childcare Ltd
Contribute to a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for all children. Develop and maintain good relationships and professional communication with parents / carers and give support to other team members throughout the nursery.
The successful candidate will be working with children aged from three months to 5 years. The Childcare Apprentice will undertake a broad and varied range of activities; some routine and others demanding some level of independence or responsibility.
Plans and supervises child initiated and adult led activities which are based around the needs and interests of each individual child
Supports children to develop numeracy and language skills through games and play
Has key person responsibility to help ensure each child feels safe and secure
Observes each child and shapes their learning experience to reflect their observations
Contribute to a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for all children in the nursery
Develop and maintain good relationships and professional communication with parents / carers and give support to other team members throughout the nursery
Work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, learn and develop
Promote the high profile and reputation of the business at all times
Duties & Responsibilities
- Contribute to a programme of activities that meet the individual needs and interests of the children in your care in conjunction with other team members
- Under supervision, keep records of children’s development and learning journeys
- Engage in good team working
- Liaise professionally with and support parents and other family members
- Attend out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parents evenings, fundraising events etc.
- Be flexible within working practices of the nursery and be prepared to help where needed
- Carry out personal care and hygiene routine of babies and children including the changing of nappies and toileting
- Undertake domestic jobs within the nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleaning and tidying of nursery equipment and facilities.
(Complete job description will be given at interview.)
14 Apr 2020
Between 7.30 am and 6.00 pm, Monday – Friday. 16-18 Year olds will work no longer than 8 hours per day. May involve some occasional weekend work. Shifts to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
22 Apr 2020
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Good communication and written skills, to plan and observe children’s activities
- You must be able to work in a team
- Have good IT knowledge
- Excellent personal presentation and hygiene
- GCSE or equivalents in English and maths at grade 4/C
- Functional Skills or equivalents at Level 2, or alternatively Level 1
Once the successful candidate has completed their childcare qualifications, there will be the opportunity for internal progression within the nursery.
Things to Consider
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the Employer
All Stars Childcare Ltd
Employer is not registered as Disability Confident
Here at All Stars Childcare Ltd we are passionate about providing quality Early Years Education with the highest standard of care and safety. We look after children from three months to five years old. We are a family run business. We are very fussy about who looks after out little Stars so we only employ the very best nursery staff. Our facilities are superb: clean, bright and colourful with plenty to help our little Stars learn and develop whilst having great fun!
1 Coal Hill Lane
Training to be provided
The Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator) this will prepare you to become Early Years Educators, enabling you to work with and care for children from birth to 5 years and gain knowledge of children aged 5 to 7 years.
Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid. (RQF) or Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid (RQF) to meet the EYFS requirements
Functional Skills if required
Early Years Educator
AIRE VOCATIONAL TRAINING LIMITED