Apprentice Childcare Practitioner – Cub Wetherby
Cub The Modern Nursery
We are looking for an individual who is keen to start/continue in the childcare sector. Are you interested in looking after children and wish to gain a professional qualification at level 3 additionally gain valuable job experience in a friendly environment? This opportunity is for an individual wishing to progress their career in childcare
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Under supervision, keep records of children’s development and learning journeys
- Liaise professionally with and support parents and other family members
- Be able to work well in a team
- Attend out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parents evenings, fundraising events etc.
- To ensure high standards in all aspects of care and development in line with the EYFS for all children attending the nursery
- To organise resources for activities and experiences in the nursery
- To assist in enhancing the developmental progress in children
- To implement the daily routine within the nursery
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness and good housekeeping
- To maintain a thorough knowledge of all the nursery’s policies and procedures; ensuring that they are followed and respected
Full description will be given at interview.
28th February 2023
Up to 37.5 hours a week falling between 7.00am and 6.00pm, Monday – Friday. May involve some occasional weekend work. Apprentices who are under 18 will work no longer than 8 hours per day.
Total hours per week: 37.5 hours a week
Possible start date
1st March 2023
Advanced Level 3 Apprenticeship
- Good language and conversational skills
- Good written skills
- Works well in a team and basic computer knowledge
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Customer care skills
- Problem solving skills
- Presentation skills
- Team working
- Non judgemental
- GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C) essential
- AS Level or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) desirable
Once the successful candidate has completed their childcare qualifications, there will be the opportunity for internal progression within the nursery.
Things to Consider
Shifts will vary in hours up to 10 hours per day if over 18 years of age. This may involve early morning starts and late evening finishes – the role is physically demanding.
“Homepage” — Cub, The Modern Nursery
Cub The Modern Nursery
At the Cub we are united by a shared vision of a modern nursery, one that not only provides first class childcare in a contemporary, enabling environment, but also supports and empowers parents through the provision of services and facilities that make every day working life that little bit easier.
AIRE VOCATIONAL TRAINING LIMITED